Skill development program (SDP) provides an opportunity to acquire professional skills and develops leadership, communication skills, critical thinking and decision making abilities. The program prepares students for lucrative entry-level managerial roles.
The salient features of the SDP Program at VEDA DEGREE COLLEGE:
- Application oriented learning with emphasis on solution generation through case study methodology
- Courses are mapped with emerging opportunities in the corporate world.
- Faculty led teaching supplemented by experiential and self-learning.
- Focus on skill development
- Frequent value added lectures from industry professionals.
- Helps you in developing a good foundation of management knowledge.
- Industry relevant specialisation courses ensure employability.
- Learning by doing at the mandatory Corporate Internships.
- Professional guidance from industry mentors.
- Smart and interactive classrooms infrastructure.
Key Components of the SDP Program
Take the leap towards the next stage of your career with programs that have been thoughtfully designed for BBA students. They are structured and scheduled to allow for a fulfilling work life & study balance. Depending on the need and depth of up skilling, students have specialisations courses within following certification programs:
- Communication skills
- Soft skills
- Lean six sigma
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Finance
- Supply chain management
- Tally ERP (GST)
- PPT Making
- Debates/Group discussions
- JAM Sessions
Students & faculty have access to the computer labs, which provide the tools and technologies to practice, complete SDP assignments, communicate via email, conduct data analyses and access library resources.
In the age of IT, Computer has become a necessity. To cater this need the college has a fully equipped, well-furnished and user-friendly computer lab
- Computer Lab is open to all BBA students
- Each computer is upgraded frequently and has high-speed internet access.
- A large number of systems enable students to practically do the programming individually.
- The lab keeps the students well versed with the latest technology; all the computers are updated with latest software versions.
- The lab is spacious enough is cater the full strength of a class at one go.
- A fully equipped computer lab with hi-tech systems is maintained by the college in the interest of the students.
- The faculty of the Computer lab ensures students do not misuse the provisions provided.
Online & Offline exams
Tests and examinations are a central feature of our college. We conduct exams on regular intervals to the students because
- Exams and tests are a great way to assess what the students have learned with regards to particular subjects. Exams will show what part of the lesson each student seems to have taken the most interest in and has remembered.
- With every pupil being so individual, exams are also a great way for trainers to find out more about the students themselves. The test environment comes with added stress, which allows trainers to work out how their students argue and how they think individually by their works, which is a great attribute for them to keep in mind for future class activities.
- Strengths and weaknesses can also be assessed through exams. The trainer will be able to understand where more attention in class may be needed when teaching the particular subject. This will give students and trainers the opportunity to understand where their weaknesses may be, in time for the preparation of the formal exam. This will give them all the chance to ensure that they are able to achieve the best of their abilities in class, thus helping them in the future.
Student centric teaching
- College consider students as their important stakeholder. The entire academic process of planning, delivery of curriculum and assessment is designed to be student centric. Various efforts are made to make learning more students centric by focusing on specific learning outcomes for all certification courses and making it more participatory and interactive.
- The college facilitates all possible efforts for development of students through various forums like, career counselling cell, job opportunities, industry awareness programs, The student centric teaching is promoted by ensuring classroom environment to be learner-friendly.
- To enhance practical utility of the various certification courses, especially under Management the trainers, students are encouraged and guided to undertake projects to gain experience.
- All classrooms are equipped with LCD projection systems, screens and Glass Lecture notes are distributed/discussed after the completion of each topic.
- The classroom environment is kept conducive to make learners feel free share their ideas and form a healthy discussion.
JOB Market awareness sessions
Assessing the current and future job market will help you identify where you can use your skills and experience. Knowing what areas are growing will give you some idea of what skills will be needed.
We Veda conduct job market awareness programs to students to understand the job market situation on the globe and also job opportunities available through SDP certification courses.